My Airplane Skincare Ritual
I'm back from Japan after traveling with Shiseido and as promised, I wanted to share my in-flight skincare ritual for arriving fresh faced after many hours in the air. I’ve totally become fearless about hauling on a bag filled with minis, samples, and sheet masks and then doing my entire routine on the plane. It's THE best way to spend the first half and last half hour of the plane ride IMO :)
It’s sooo important to keep your skin and body hydrated. If not, you’ll have the moisture sucked out of you from the plane’s dry air and be left feeling tight and dry. I find that pampering my skin while traveling helps me look and feel so much better once I land. It's also a great preventive measure against those post-flight breakouts PLUS it's so calming and relaxing. #airspa
Whether I'm flying during the day or at night, the first thing I do once I get on flight is remove my contacts and cleanse my face. I’ll either have makeup wipes to skip using the lavatory or I’ll do a full-on cleanse with a gentle cleanser like Shiseido Benefiance Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam. This cleanser is great because it gently removes dirt without stripping the skin and gets me off to a hydrated start plus it foams up so nicely. I also try to get an aisle seat in case I need to run to the bathroom for my skincare +tooth brushing needs. I also always remember to drink LOTS of water throughout the flight because hydrated skin starts on the inside!
Next, I'll go through my in-flight skincare ritual:
1. After cleansing, I'll do a quick spritz of the Shiseido Ibuki Quick Fix Mist for maximum moisture. It's a current fave because I can use it under or over makeup and it injects life back into stressed, dehydrated skin…just amazing for long-haul flights! I’ll use this throughout my trip whenever my skin starts to feel tight.
2. Next, I'll go in with the Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate serum which has a watery/gel like consistency and I'll do a quick massage with my fingertips so my skin can drink it all up. It feels smooth on the face and it works as a defense mechanism against dry skin. I LOVE how my skin feels afterwards, you can see a difference right away.
3. Next I'll finish off my face with Shiseido's Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Day Emulsion moisturizer, it's become one of my go-to's! It's rich and creamy and helps lock in the moisture for extra protection.
4. Then I'll lightly dab on the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Cream to smooth out and help prevent fatigue and puffiness under the eyes. I like how emollient it is and how I feel the difference almost immediately.
5. Thirty minutes before landing, I ALWAYS apply a sheet mask because it freshens me up instantly. My skin ends up looking so dewy, soft, moisturized and I like that I don't have to go the lavatory to rinse off after. Some of you have told me that you could never do a sheet mask in public, but honestly that was how I got inspired to do it! I once witnessed a girl doing her entire skincare routine on the plane with a sheet mask and all, and it made want to do mine ASAP :D #theinfluenceisreal
Finally, I’ll do some light makeup as the plane prepares for landing - like fill in my brows, apply chapstick and a lip/cheek stain, then I’m ready go! hope you guys found this post helpful for your next plane ride!
The photo on the left was taken as soon as I checked into the hotel after a 12 hour flight!